Who we are
Here are the details that the Data Protection Act 1998 says we have to provide to you as a ‘data controller’:
Our website address is www.profeedwise.com and www.profeedwise.co.uk
Our company name is Profeed Consulting Limited.
Our registered address is Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX.
What we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you on the website:
- information you give us: this is information that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you complete a contact form, register to use our site, subscribe to our service, complete a request for proposal form (RFP), post your cv and other information about you including previous work experience, provide job requirements for a vacancy, provide details regarding your intention to build a partnership with another company, apply to join our wiseminds network, place an order on our site, [participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site], upload documents to the website, provide project feedback and other information about the services that we are providing for you and report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, previous work experience, financial statements, business challenges, future business plans, and target companies and industries;
- Information we collect about you: with each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system, etc );
- details of your visits to our website and the resources you use;
- details of transactions that you carry out through our website including any interactive services.
Once you register with us, complete your online account, upload information or otherwise provide us with your details, you are no longer anonymous to us.
‘Session cookies’ allow us to track your actions during a single browsing session, but they do not remain on your device afterwards.
‘Persistent cookies’ remain on your device between sessions. We use them to authenticate you and to remember your preferences. We can also use them to balance the load on our servers and improve your experience on our website.
Session and persistent cookies can be either first or third party cookies. A first-party cookie is set by the website being visited; a third-party cookie is set by a different website. Both types of cookie may be used by us or our business partners.
All our cookies fall within the classifications Strictly Necessary, Functionality and Performance. None are classified as Behavioural Targeting.
If at any time you wish to disable our cookies, you may do so through the settings on your browser but if you do so you will not be able to use certain important features of our service. Unless you disable our cookies, they will be placed on your device even if you do not accept the cookies on the site.
How we use information about you on the website
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and provide the services available on our website;
- to present website content effectively to you;
- to understand how you use our service;
- to provide your information to other users of the website, including those who provide the services that we offer on our behalf;
- to provide information, products, promotions and services that you request, or (with your consent ) which we think may interest you;
- [to allow you to use any interactive services on the website if you want to;]
- provide you with information about our charges;
- inform you about changes to our website and our services;
- detect, investigate and prevent activities that may be in breach of the terms and conditions of use of our website;
- inform you about other goods and services that might interest you.
As a user of the website, we may contact you electronically:
- about things similar to those services previously provided to you;
- to get your feedback on the services that you have received or enquired about;
- to obtain further information about your request for our service, your enquiry or your use of the website;
- for the purposes of research conducted by us or our selected partners;
- to promote the website or our selected partners.
If you are a new user of the website, you will only be contacted if you agree to it.
If you do not want to be contacted for marketing and advertising purposes, please tick the relevant box that you will find on screen.
We will not pass on your personal information to any other third parties without first obtaining your permission.
If we suspend or terminate you as a registered user of this website, we may notify others of your suspension or termination. We may retain your information after termination of your registration.
Where we store your data
We may transfer your collected data to storage outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed outside the EEA to carry out the services that we provide for you and to deal with payment.
By giving us your personal data, you agree to this arrangement and to the use of that data as set out in this policy. We will do what we reasonably can to keep your data secure but we cannot guarantee that others will not gain access to your information.
Payment will be encrypted. If we give you a password, you must keep it confidential. Please do not share it. Although we try to provide protection, we cannot guarantee complete security for your data, and you take the risk that any sending of that data turns out to be not secure despite our efforts.
Disclosing your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- selected third parties including:
- members of the wiseminds network and the ProfeedWise internal team for the performance of any service that we provide to you or contract we enter into with you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- [credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.]
- where you opt in when presented with the choice, we can disclose your information to the businesses and organisations that we work with;
- if we want to sell our business, or our company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer;
- we can disclose it to other businesses in our group; and
- we can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights.
We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks.
You can ask us not to use your data for marketing. You can do this by contacting us at any time using the “contact us” page or by completing the relevant tick box on the website.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to see information we hold about you. We can charge you a fee (currently £10) for this service
Please note that our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our website.